Classes for Recreational
Who is a Beginner?
Beginners want to ride comfortably yet first need to build their confidence and skills. Most new snowmobilers are excited but uneasy. They recognize quality instruction will ensure their safety while dramatically improving the amount of fun they have.
- Would you like to learn to be safe and challenge yourself at the same time?
- Would you like to improve your balance and conquer the tests posed by different types of snow and riding conditions?
About the Class
This class provides the basic skills and information you need so that your adventures on the snow are fun and safe. This training involves the perfect mixture of riding and classroom education to empower you to navigate trails appropriate for beginning snowmobilers.
Click here to learn more about your Senior Instructor, Bill Uhl.
The major topics covered include:
- How to use the awesome power of your mind to ensure your safety and that of others.
- What to do when you meet cross-country skiers, snowshoers, snowmobilers or other winter visitors on a trail.
- Safety gear (what you need to wear and to carry on your body)
- Equipment setup
- Basic knowledge of your snowmobile — its features and potential problems
- Ergonomics of handle bar positioning
- Ergonomics of lever setup
- Checking the oils
- Cold weather starting
- Safety gear to carry on the snowmobile
- How to change spark plugs
- Changing a drive belt
- Learning the fuel range of your machine
- Essential tool kit
- Participate in a test of your skill level. (We need to know what you already know so you receive the maximum benefits from your investment in the course.)
- Skill development
- The physics of riding
- Trail rules (rules of the road)
- Starting and stopping safely
- When and where to stop (Don’t get stuck!)
- How to get “unstuck”
- How and when to stand and kneel while riding
- Transforming bad habits into positive patterns
- Powder snow and hard, crusted snow
- Turning around in tight quarters
- Right and left turns
- How to tread lightly
- Field trip on roads, into the forest, and on beginner trails in the open country
Classes are normally limited to ten students.
You can register for a one and two-day class. Longer classes are also available.
For the cost of your custom class, call or e-mail us for a quote. See the Contact Us Now button for directions in the side menu.