Motorcycle Beginner Classes for
Corporate and Government Agency Employees
Who is a Beginner?
Beginners have little or no riding experience and need to build their confidence and skills. Quality instruction will dramatically improve their ability to ride and their job efficiency while ensuring their safety and the safety of others with whom they come in contact.
- Would you like to improve employee safety?
- Would you like your employees to be more efficient when seasons, climate and riding conditions challenge their abilities?
This class provides the basic skills and information that employees need to safely and efficiently operate agency or company equipment. This training involves the perfect mix of actual trail riding and off-trail education that ensures that they will be able to navigate trails appropriate for beginning motorcyclists.
Riders participate in a test of their current skill levels so that they can receive maximum benefits from the agency’s investment in the course.
All of the important off-road motorcycle riding fundamentals will be covered in detail. Learning how to operate and maintain agency vehicles from the start improves safety, increases efficiency, and reduces costs. The major topics covered include:
- Loading and unloading your machine
- Safety gear
- How employees can use their mind power to ensure the safety of themselves and others.
- What to do when they meet ATVs, other motorcyclists, horses, pack animals, bicyclists, hikers, and cars.
- Equipment setup
- Basic knowledge of a motorcycle — features and potential problems
- Tire pressure/type of tires
- Ergonomics of handle bar positioning
- Ergonomics of lever setup
- Essential tool kit
- Trail rules (rules of the road)
- Skill development
- The physics of riding
- Starting and stopping safely
- How and when to stand and sit while riding
- Transforming bad habits into positive patterns
- Clutch level control
- Positioning feet on foot pegs
- Backing up
- How to tread lightly
- Turning a motorcycle around in tight quarters
- Traveling up and down hills
- Right and left turn on the flat
- When appropriate, accomplish all of the above in a desert setting
- Field trip into the forest or desert on dirt roads, two-track roads, and single-track beginner trails
Classes will be tailored to your specific needs.
For the cost of your corporate or government custom class, call or e-mail us for a quote. See the Contact Us Now button for directions in the side menu.
You can register your employees for one and two-day classes. Longer classes are also available.