ATV / UTV / Side by Side
Beginner Classes for Recreational
Beginners want to ride/drive comfortably yet first need to build their confidence and skills. Most new ATV / UTV riders/drivers are excited but a bit uneasy. They recognize that quality instruction will dramatically improve the amount of fun they have on the trail while ensuring their safety as well as the safety of others.
- Would you like to learn to be safe and challenge yourself at the same time?
- Would you like to improve your balance and conquer the tests posed by different seasons and riding conditions?
About the Class
This class provides basic skills and information riders/drivers need so they can ride/drive safely. This training involves a perfect mixture of actual trail riding and classroom education that ensures they will be able to navigate terrain appropriate for beginning ATV / UTV riders/drivers.
Riders participate in a test of their current skill levels so that they can receive maximum benefits from their investment in the course.
Click here to learn more about Senior Instructor , Bill Uhl.
All of the important off-road ATV / UTV riding/driving fundamentals will be covered in detail. Learning how to ride and maintain your vehicle correctly from the start will put you ahead of the pack in your ability level. The major topics covered include:
- How to use the awesome power of your mind to ensure your safety and that of others.
- What to do when you encounter other ATVs / UTVs, motorcyclists, horses, pack animals, bicyclists, hikers and cars.
- Safety gear.
- Equipment setup:
- Basic knowledge of your ATV / UTV — its features and potential problems
- Tire pressure/type of tires
- Handle bar positioning
- Lever setup
- Essential tool kit
- Participate in a test of your skill level. (We need to know what you already know so you receive the maximum benefits from your investment in the course.)
- Skill development:
- The physics of riding
- Trails rules (rules of the road)
- Loading and unloading your ATV / UTV
- Starting and stopping safely
- Right and left turns
- Hills (up and down)
- Ruts (wet and dry)
- Clutch level control (if your machine has one)
- Balance point of your machine
- How to handle dangerous cut banks and rocks sticking out of a cut bank
- How and when to stand and sit while riding
- Transforming bad habits into positive patterns
- Positioning feet on foot pegs
- Turning around in tight quarters
- How to tread lightly
- Field trip into the forest and/or desert on on two-track roads and ATV/ UTV trails.
Classes are tailored to your needs and are normally limited to ten students.
You can register for a one and two-day class. Longer classes are also available.
For the cost of your custom class, call or e-mail us for a quote. See the Contact Us Now button for directions in the side menu.