ATV / UTV / Side By Side Classes: Beginner Classes
for Corporate and Government Agency Employees
Who is a Beginner?
Beginners have little or no riding/driving experience and need to build their confidence and skills. Quality instruction will dramatically improve their ability to ride/drive and their job efficiency while ensuring their safety and the safety of others with whom they come in contact.
About the Class
This class provides basic skills and information employees need so they can ride/drive safely. This training involves a perfect mixture of actual trail riding and classroom education that ensures they will be able to navigate terrain appropriate for beginning ATV/UTV riders/drivers.
Riders/Drivers participate in a test of their current skill levels so they can receive maximum benefits from the agency’s investment in the course. Click here to learn more about your senior instructor, Bill Uhl.
All of the important off-road ATV/UTV riding/driving fundamentals will be covered in detail. Learning how to operate and maintain vehicles from the start improves safety, increases efficiency and reduces costs. The major topics covered include:
- Trail rules (rules of the road)
- Safety gear
- What to do when encountering other ATVs/UTVs, motorcyclists, horses, pack animals, bicyclists, hikers and cars.
- How employees can use their mind power to ensure the safety of themselves and others.
- Equipment setup
- Basic knowledge of an ATV/UTV — its features and potential problems
- Tire pressure/type of tires
- Ergonomics of handle bar positioning
- Ergonomics of lever setup
- Essential toolkit
- Riders/Drivers participate in a test of their skill levels. (We need to know what they already know so they receive the maximum benefits from the agency’s investment in the course.)
- Skill development
- The physics of riding/driving
- Loading and unloading your machine
- Starting and stopping safely
- Shifting (if the ATV/UTV has a shift lever or shift buttons)
- How to handle dangerous cut banks and rocks sticking out of a cut bank
- How and when to stand and sit while riding
- Transforming bad habits into positive patterns
- Clutch level control (if the rider’s/driver’s ATV/UTV has one)
- Positioning feet on foot pegs
- Turning around in tight quarters
- Traveling up and down hills
- How to tread lightly
- When appropriate, accomplish all of the above in a desert setting
- Field trip into the forest and/or desert on dirt roads, two-track roads, and single-track beginner trails
Classes will be tailored to your special needs.
For the cost of your corporate or government custom class, call or e-mail us for a quote. See the Contact Us Now button for directions in the side menu.
You can register your employees for a one-day class. Longer classes are also available.